A Variety of Services to Impact Event Fundraising
Nonprofit Organizations –
Fundraising is challenging. Your organization is expanding and considering enhancing your event portfolio. This includes adding markets to an existing program or testing a new event concept. Either way the investment is considerable in both staff time and dollars. I will assist your organization in the research, planning and implementation of your event program. Take advantage of my 30+ years of event experience:
- Building successful event program strategic plans.
- Increasing event participation and stewardship.
- Event audits to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Improving the efficiency of your event platform.
- Incorporating incentive prizes to elevate donations.
- Developing successful sponsorship engagement programs.
- Designing and engaging on-line fundraising strategy.
- Engage volunteers to support events.
Why do people register for events, but don’t raise money?
Staff Training –
Turnover is inevitable in any business. In fundraising, a nonprofit can lose thousands of donor dollars if positions are not filled in a timely manner. Additionally, training staff to organize and manage fundraising events is critical to maintain the momentum that drives your bottom line. New staff, and even current staff, can attend specific training geared to improve your organization’s fundraising events.
Event fundraising timelines.
- Understanding and analyzing event data.
- Developing volunteer roles and job descriptions.
- Site planning, permitting and set up.
- Maintaining donor relationships and recruiting new participants
- Structuring systems for registration, donation collection and stewardship
How to retain your event participants and identify the ones that are the best investment of your time/energy.
Individual & Team Coaching –
Maybe you’re new to fundraising, or just launching a fundraising event. You might be a seasoned veteran looking for new ideas to take your program to the next level. Or, something’s not right; the event you’ve been managing has run into challenges that need attention. Regardless of the situation, whether you’re the individual looking to improve yourself or the executive director of an office, let me work with you to identify opportunities, address challenges and bring the latest fundraising techniques specifically geared to your events.
- Individual one-on-one coaching improving event fundraising skills.
- Single market, single office coaching identifying market niche.
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and inefficiencies.
How to encourage your participants to reach their fundraising goals.
Thirty plus years in the event business provides an endless source of both insightful and entertaining material for your next event. Mike has managed sports events, concerts, festivals, numerous fundraising events; as well as holding senior development positions. A variety of topics include the more educational – budgeting, sponsorship, event management, site set up; and the more entertaining – events, what can go wrong and will, celebrity challenges, and the glamorous world of event management. Know that your audience will enjoy and be educated taking away ideas that can be implemented in their own event programs.
Identifying and securing sponsors for your events.
The introduction of technology has changed the way nonprofits raise funds today. This is especially true when it comes to event fundraising. Technology impacts everything we do when it comes to executing an event. From registration, to communication, fundraising and marketing; all are connected to technology. Understanding the numerous technology programs and which is best suited for your organization can make a huge difference to the success of your events. Learn about the latest software advances and take the mystery out of integrating your event with online fundraising.
- Choosing a software that meets, or exceeds, your fundraising needs.
- Maximizing your current online fundraising platform.
- Building reports to analyze and improve your event fundraising.
How to guarantee your participants reach their fundraising goals.
Board/Volunteer Roles –
Do your board members and volunteers understand their roles and have specific “job descriptions?” If not, then now is the time to build a structure and relationship with your board/volunteers to create a true partnership in building your fundraising events. Should a board member be the master of ceremony at your event? Can volunteers run your event registration? What is the background mix of volunteers that best suits your event? Bring your staff and volunteers together for an evening to understand the various roles and functions board members/volunteers play in hosting a successful fundraising event.